A recent study shows that up to 10% – 30% of people experience dental anxiety
. We believe that it’s important to nip it in the bud to promote a healthy relationship with going to the dentist
. After all, a visit to your local dental practice should be something to look forward to, not dreaded!
Anesthesia and sedation are common ways to minimize the anxiety that often come with dental procedures. They can help your little one feel more comfortable and relaxed while in the dentist’s chair.
Children’s Dentistry of Manatee is proud to offer a variety of accommodations to make your young one’s dental visit as pleasant as possible. Contact us today, and let us know how we can help your child laugh and smile with confidence.
What’s The Best General Anesthesia Procedure For My Child?
We provide many options to ensure your child’s comfort throughout their entire visit. No matter which option you choose, we guarantee that your young one will have a fun and relaxing experience. We also take the necessary steps toward safety, including:
- Thorough dental and physical examinations, to ensure that sedation won’t interfere with any medical conditions or medications
- Employing only the most highly trained and professional dental team
Here are some of the sedation options we offer at Children’s Dentistry of Manatee.
Pediatric IV Sedation
Pediatric IV sedation guarantees that your child will have a fast and painless time at our practice. The board-certified pediatric anesthesiologist will administer a sedative drip through an IV – a 100% safe and effective safe procedure.
IV sedation is ideal for patients who:
The benefits of IV sedation include:
- Have an existing pulmonary condition
- Require deep sedation for their procedure
- Feel anxious being awake for the procedure
- Same-day completion of dental work, preventing unnecessary future visits
- Maximum comfort for your child no matter the procedure
- Lower risk of numbness associated with the biting or chewing of inner cheeks and lips (often due to dental anxiety)
- It May be covered by insurance
Think pediatric IV sedation may be the right choice for your child? Contact us so our pediatric anesthesiologist can assist you with your options.
More commonly known as ‘laughing gas, nitrous oxide is the safest and most commonly used anesthetic for dental procedures. Its effects are mild and short-term, and the gas is easy to administer – making nitrous oxide ideal for quick procedures.
Nitrous Oxide is ideal for use with:
Benefits of nitrous oxide include:
- Fussy or uncooperative children
- Children with anxiety
- Children with no pre-existing pulmonary conditions
- Easy cooperation from your child before and during procedures
- Immediate comfort and relaxation
- No harmful long-term side effects
- No special care required after the appointment
General Outpatient Anesthesia
General Anesthesia or GA can help manage residual pain and keep your child comfortable long after the procedure is over. Ask our resident anesthesiologist if general outpatient anesthesia is best for your child!
Why Choose Us?
Nothing is more important to us than your child’s safety and your satisfaction in our work. At Children’s Dentistry of Manatee, we take great pride in employing only the most highly qualified dentists and dental personnel and providing you with consistently excellent service.
We also believe that good dentistry isn’t just about technique or skill – it’s about building healthy relationships with our patients, fostering their growth, and promoting good health. Children’s Dentistry of Manatee is here to provide all that and more for you.
At our practice, your child will always have something to smile about. Choose the right dentist
for all of your child’s sedation and anesthesiology needs – call us today for a consultation!